Tyler London MSc BSc CEng MWeldI
YMC Representative (Teeside Branch)
Principal Project Leader, TWI Technology Centre North East
I joined TWI as a Project Leader in the Numerical Modelling and Optimisation Section in October 2010 and have been a Principal Project Leader since October 2013.
At TWI, my work has focused on:
- Fracture mechanics modelling for engineering critical assessments;
- Numerical modelling of thermodynamic processes (diffusion, permeation, phase separation, pH).
- Design optimisation of composite parts;
- Development of software to automate finite element model generation, and
- Inverse analysis of micro/nano-indentation
Before joining TWI, I studied mathematics at Tufts University and mathematical modelling and scientific computing at the University of Oxford. During my time as an undergraduate, I worked as a research assistant on several NSF-funded projects studying computational group theory, dynamical systems and "lab-on-a-chip" fluid mechanics models.