Whether you are a student, apprentice, graduate or qualified engineer, membership of The Welding Institute provides individuals with recognition for being committed to their profession and the industry.
In addition membership also provides recognition of your competence and is acknowledged internationally as an indication of professional achievement.
In this section you will find all the information you need to understand the membership application and where you should begin.
Engineering Council Registration
Through gaining Membership, you may also be eligible to gain registration with the Engineering Council as a Chartered Engineer (CEng), Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Engineering Technician (EngTech)
The benefits of registering with the Engineering Council include:
• identifying you as having competences that employers value
• indicating that your competence and commitment to professionalism have been assessed
by other engineering professionals
• demonstrating that your competence may be compared with standards applicable in other
parts of the world
• confirming that your commitment to professionalism is underwritten by the support of a
national engineering institution or society licensed by the Engineering Council
• International recognition of your qualification
For more information about Registration with the Engineering Council click here
To view a video highlighting the benefits of registration please click here
If you would like further help with relation to any of the above, click here to contact our Membership Office.
Engineering Council e-Books
To view the eBook about becoming a Chartered Engineer (CEng) click here
To view the eBook about becoming an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) click here
To view the eBook about becoming an Engineering Technician (EngTech) click here