Fellow membership of The Welding Institute is reserved for esteemed professionals with substantial experience in welding, joining or a related technology. This level of membership is normally only available to well-established engineers who meet the following criteria::
- Have an established and enhanced reputation in the field of welding, joining or an allied technology.
- Hold registration with Engineering Council as Chartered Engineer, or have an international equivalent
- Have held for not less than ten years at the time of application a position of important technical or scientific responsibility in relation to development or application of welding, joining or allied technology
- Have made significant personal contributions to the enhancement of the welding, joining or allied technologies community
- Have been a Member of the Institute for at least five years
Applications for direct entry to Fellow grade are accepted at the discretion of the Membership Committee.
All applications should be accompanied by references from two Fellows of the Institute or other referees of equal standing in the profession. The Membership Committee reserves the right to request further references.
All applications are considered by the Membership Committee and applicants should expect to attend a Professional Review Interview conducted by two Fellows of the Institute.
If you believe you qualify for Fellow membership and would like to attain a prestigious professional status respected throughout industry, you can apply to become a Fellow online.