There are a number of ways you can enhance your professional status, either through study or applying for additional professional registrations. Three key internationally recognised schemes are described below.
If you need further help or assistance with this please contact the Professional Membership Office who will be happy to offer guidance, provide you with application forms and process your application. All of below qualifications must be applied for via your main Professional Engineering Institution.
Eur Ing title (FEANI)
FEANI is officially recognised by the European Commission as representing the engineering profession in Europe. The EUR ING title delivered by FEANI is designed as a guarantee of competence for professional engineers, in order to facilitate the movement of practicing engineers within and outside FEANI's member countries.
FEANI establishes a framework for mutual recognition of qualifications in order to enable engineers who wish to practice outside their own country to carry with them a guarantee of competence.
For more information about the Eur Ing title click here
International Professional Engineer (IntPE) qualification and International Register of Engineering Technologists (IntET)
The IntPE (UK) qualification is open to UK-registered Chartered Engineers whereas the IntET (UK) is open to UK- registered Incorporated Engineers. For either qualification the following requirements must be met
- an accredited degree recognised under the Sydney Accord, or equivalent academic qualification
- the competence for independent practice as an engineering technologist as exemplified by the International Engineering Alliance competency profile
- at least seven years post-graduate experience
- at least two years responsibility for significant engineering work
- maintaining continuing professional development
In addition to the benefits gained from a CEng/IEng qualification IntPE/IntET offers:
- letters after your name, eg J. Smith CEng IntPE/IntET (UK)
- easier admission to National Registers of IntPE/IntET register member jurisdiction
For more information about the IntPE qualification click here
For more information about the IntET qualification click here