Professional Membership and Registration
Professional membership of The Welding Institute recognises your professional and academic competence through globally respected registration and membership grades.
You may also wish to apply for registration with Engineering Council at the same time. For more details on Registration and the requirements for the different grades, please go to our Engineering Council page.
How to apply for Professional Membership
- Review our membership grades to identify the relevant membership grade and, if desired, type of Engineering Council registration for you. You can join as an Associate (including a discounted Student Associate), Technician, Member or Fellow. If you're not sure which grade is suitable, please submit your CV to our Membership Office and we'll be happy to help.
- Read through our application guidance notes.
- Apply online* including relevant documentation and fees.
- If you are seeking registration with the Engineering Council, you must also download, complete and submit a copy of the relevant appendix:
Appendix 1 - Chartered Engineer (CEng)
Appendix 2 - Incorporated Engineer (IEng)
Appendix 3 - Engineering Technician (EngTech)
* If you would prefer an electronic version of the membership application form to complete and return, please contact the Membership Office.
Should you have any queries please contact the Membership Office