Professional Membership and Registration
What is the difference between Professional Membership and Registration?
Professional membership of The Welding Institute simply means that you are a Member of The Institute as an Associate, Technician, Member or Fellow (view more about our membership grades).
Professional registration involves registering with the Engineering Council as a Chartered Engineer, Incorporated Engineer or Engineering Technician. (Click here to find out more about becoming registered with the Engineering Council).
How to apply for Professional Membership
*Contact the Membership Office to get an electronic version of the membership application form.
- Review our membership grades and decide which grade you are suited to. (If you are unsure of which grade is suited to you please submit your CV to our Membership Office for further support).
- If applicable, choose which type of Engineering Council registration is suited to you (Chartered Engineer, Incorporated Engineer or Engineering Technician).
- Read through our application guidance notes.
- Apply online* - including relevant documentation and fees.
- If you are seeking registration with the Engineering Council, you must submit a completed copy of the relevant appendix:
Should you have any queries please contact the Membership Office