Technical Group Webinar
JOIN OUR WELDING AND JOINING PROCESSES TECHNICAL GROUP (TG2) BACK-TO-BASICS WEBINAR
Providing an introduction to MIG/MAG welding, attendees of this webinar will learn about the:
- advantages and disadvantages of the process
- power sources and their current/voltage characteristic
- ancillary equipment such as torches, wire feeders and umbilicals
- modes of metal transfer and welding consumables
- finishing with a brief look at some aspects of health and safety
This webinar is aimed at:
- This webinar is aimed at engineers, technicians, welders and apprentices entering the welding profession or those with little or no knowledge of the process and would like to know more.
MEET OUR SPEAKER
Eur Ing Eugene Mathers CEng, MSc, Dip IIM, FWeldI, EWE, IWE
Gene has over 40 years industrial experience working in pipeline, power generation, heavy engineering, nuclear and the pressure vessel fabrication industries.
He worked for NEI-International Combustion Ltd. as the company’s Welding and Metallurgy Manager and latterly Quality Manager for some 10 years before joining TWI Ltd in 1991 as Manager, School of Welding Technology. He then moved into the role of Principal Consultant in the Manufacturing Services Group before taking retirement. Since then he has provided a welding engineering consultancy service as a private consultant.
- Professional Members of The Welding Institute: £25 + VAT (£30)
- Industrial Members of TWI: £25 + VAT (£30)
- Non-members: £95 + VAT (£114)
- Retired Members: £25 + VAT (£30)
- Students: £25 + VAT (£30)
- TWI Training Customers: £75 + VAT (£90)
- TWI Training School Customers with professional membership: Free. Please contact us with your Training Customer ID Number
TWI Staff - please contact Hafiza Rahman if you wish to register.
Please note that payment must be made before the event in order to receive the joining instructions for the event.
CAN'T MAKE IT ON THE DAY?
If you can't join us on the day, you can still access the recording of the webinar and the presentations by registering ahead of the event.*
*presentation dissemination is dependent on presenter consent.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP (AWeldI) OF THE WELDING INSTITUTE
Registering on this Technical Group webinar as a non-member or a TWI Training Customer without Professional Membership
gives you full Associate Membership (AWeldI) for one year.
To activate your membership, just complete the highlighted fields on the event registration form.
You will also benefit from:
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THIS WEBINAR
- Information transfer from experts
- Discussion, questions and answers on the specific topics
- A broader understanding of the extent of standards in the industry
- Attendance of this event qualifies for CPD
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
The Welding Institute awards points towards CPD for delegates attending this webinar. Every hour attendance of an event will earn 2 points towards your continuing professional development.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a certificate of attendance towards your continuing professional development.