Technical Group Webinar
JOIN OUR STRUCTURES AND INFRASTRUCTURE/NDT AND CONDITION MONITORING TECHNICAL GROUP (TG1/TG8) WEBINAR
- Gain an understanding of the limitations of NDT methods to both detect and quantify imperfections in welds
- Gain knowledge of alternative or additional methods of NDT that may enhance the probability of imperfection detection and measurement in critical areas or in support of more traditional NDT
- Get an update on the future developments in core ISO standards for NDT
- Get an update on the technical developments in software, particularly Artificial Intelligence, that will support NDT in the future
Experts from industry and TWI Ltd will be presenting on a range of topics:
- Adri van den Biggelaar, Applus Energy and Industry Division on Introduction to NDT acceptance levels
- Siddhant Pawar, Eddyfi Technologies on Sharck and ACFM for the depth sizing of cracks in structural welds
- Ian Cooper, TWI Ltd on Advances in NDE for Weld Inspection
- Iikka Virkkunen, Trueflaw OY on AI and automated NDT data evaluation - opportunity for weld quality control
- Professional Members of The Welding Institute: £25 + VAT (£30)
- Industrial Members of TWI: £25 + VAT (£30)
- Non-members: £95 + VAT (£114)
- Retired Members: £25 + VAT (£30)
- Students: £25 + VAT (£30)
- TWI Training Customers: £75 + VAT (£90)
- TWI Training School Customers with professional membership: Free: Please contact us with your Training Customer ID Number
TWI Staff - please contact Hafiza Rahman if you wish to register.
Please note that payment must be made before the event in order to receive the joining instructions for the event.
CAN'T MAKE IT ON THE DAY?
If you can't join us on the day, you can still access the recording of the webinar and the presentations by registering ahead of the event.*
*presentation dissemination is dependent on presenter consent.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP (AWeldI) OF THE WELDING INSTITUTE
Registering on this Technical Group webinar as a non-member or a TWI Training Customer without Professional Membership
gives you full Associate Membership (AWeldI) for one year.
To activate your membership, just complete the highlighted fields on the event registration form.
You will also benefit from:
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THIS WEBINAR
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
- Information transfer from experts
- Discussion, questions and answers on the specific topics
- A broader understanding of the extent of standards in the industry
- Attendance of this event qualifies for CPD
The Welding Institute awards points towards CPD for delegates attending this webinar. Every hour attendance of an event will earn 2 points towards your continuing professional development.
Please contact email@example.com if you require a certificate of attendance towards your continuing professional development.
MEET OUR EXPERTS
ADRI VAN DEN BIGGELAAR
Presentation: Introduction to NDT acceptance levels
In 1991 Adri van den Biggelaar started in NDT at RTD in the Netherlands, which is now part of Applus+, where he achieved a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Physics. Adri van den is certified ISO 9712 UT Level 3 and is familiar with other NDT methods. He has specialised in advanced ultrasonic testing, including automated testing, TOFD, phased array, FMC-TFM as well as special applications for heavy wall and austenitic materials.
Adri van den Biggelaar currently works in the Applus+ Technology Centre for the development and testing of ultrasonic techniques and systems. He also participates in several ISO and IIW groups on UT and UT equipment. Adri van den Biggelaar is an ISO project leader for multiple standard. In addition, he supports the protection of the Intellectual Property, which is part of the Applus+ Energy and Industry Division.
SIDDHANT L. PAWAR
Presentation: Sharck and ACFM for the depth sizing of cracks in structural welds.
Siddhant L. Pawar has an educational background in mechanical engineering and advanced material science. He has worked as an application engineer and technical sales engineer for a German-based eddy current instrument manufacturer. During this tenure, he has gained extensive knowledge in the application of eddy current testing in industry using integration. Siddhant L.
Pawar has gained a certification in Eddy Current Testing (ET) Level 2 after DIN EN ISO 9712. During his current tenure as a technical sales specialist at Eddyfi, he takes care of electromagnetic-based as well as ultrasonic NDT testing technologies.
Presentation: Al and automated NDT data evaluation- opportunity for weld quality control
Virkkunen has 20 years of experience in NDE reliability and has developed world-leading AI solutions for various inspection cases. The company he founded, Trueflaw, is now the world leading provider for customized AI/ML solutions for NDE data evaluation and currently provides solutions for ultrasonic, radiographic, eddy current and visual inspections.